Twin Screw Pump Models
Twin Screw Pumps are self-priming, double ended positive displacement pumps with external timing gears and bearings. Their design provides complete axial balancing of the rotating elements and eliminates all metal-to-metal contact within the pump, making them suitable for dry running.In addition with extremely low NPSH requirement they are ideally suited for decanting applications.
UT Pumps & Systems Pvt Ltd also manufactures Single Screw Pumps as per designs acquired from Bornemann and can offer spares and complete pumps identical to and interchangeable with Bornemann pumps.
Principle of operation
Twin Screw Pumps consist of one set of shafts-one driving and one driven with two screws mounted and keyed onto each shaft.The liquid entering the pump is divided into two parts each part going to outer end of screws.
As As the screws rotate, cavities are formed between the individual screw. These hold a given volume of fluid, moving it axially as the screws rotate. The portion of the fluid that entered the pump and was diverted to the left is then moved by this movement convey from left to center. The portion of fluid diverted to the right is moved from right to center. At the center the two flow paths rejoin and leave the pump through the discharge flange.
The screws do not mesh with each other.The drive to driven screw is transmitted by means of timing gears.this feature makes them ideally suited for dry running application for sometime. With special profile of screws, pumps have extremely low NPSH requirement making them ideally suited for decanting applications.
Features and Advantages
- Separate Screw and Shaft Assembly.
- Combination of material possible for screw & shafts.
- Independent Material of construction for Screw & Shaft respectively.
- Replacement needed for damaged part only.
- Change in performance characteristics possible by changing screws only.
- Change in pump design possible from long shaft to small shaft and Vice versa.
- Compact Design.
- Extremely good suction capability.
- Various Combinations Of Materials available.
- Pumps With Replaceable Liners.
- Partial/Full Heating Jacket Available In Various Designs.
- Different Sealing Arrangements Possible.
- Low NPSH Requirement.
- Casing Available in different Cast And Fabricated Design.
- Low maintenance cost.